"It wasn't until he woke up gasping for air that I said 'we have to take you to the emergency room, we can't treat it at home any longer,' and that was the last time I saw him."
RELATED: Georgia teenage boy lost both parents to COVID-19 just four days apart
Eboni Hunter is describing her final in-person moment with her dad Keith Robinson, a former US Postal Worker who died due to COVID-19 complications.
Tough yes, but even tougher since it came just 11 days after her mother and his wife Gwendolyn, who worked at the Veteran's home of California, also died from the virus.
Keith, who was 62, had diabetes. Gwendolyn, who was 60, had asthma along with a blood cancer known as MDS.
RELATED: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
Both had been successfully living with their conditions up until COVID-19.
De Lon Adams and his sister say they feel numb over what has happened, describing their parents as lovebirds, who were together for 35 years. He called her "Bright Eyes" and she called him "Grizzly."
"Every weekend they were together you know, it was them because they had the same clothes on yup they would dress alike. If it was Sunday it was 49ers gear, if it was during the week it was Warriors gear or Giants gear."
De Lon and Eboni say that while they're trying to stay strong, it's hard.
RELATED: Newsom explains what needs to happen before CA resumes reopening
"It's tough for me. I'm still in the house and they were my best friends... So I'm going to miss them a lot because they really were my best friends."
At this point De Lon and Eboni believe that their father was the first one to come down with COVID-19. He drove distribution trucks for the US Postal service. It's unclear how he may have gotten it, but his symptoms appeared first.
The family has created a GoFundme account.
The money raised will go towards a proper burial for both Keith and Gwendolyn.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties:Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay athome orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic