Pancetta Wrapped Day Boat Scallops
Braised Endive, Parsnip Puree, Orange & Pomegranate Marmalade
- 2 U-10 scallops
- 4 pancetta, slices
- 1 oz olive oil
- To Taste -salt and pepper
1. Wrap each scallop in two pancetta slices
2. Season with salt and pepper
3. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
4. Sear in scallops in oil until nicely browned on one side, turn over and sear until golden.
- 2 Belgian endive
- 1/2 oz olive oil
- 2 cup chicken stock
1. Cut endive in half and remove core
2. In a sauté pan, heat oli over medium heat.
3. Sear endive in oil until nicely browned
4. Add stock, cover and place in oven
5. Cook until tender
- 2 parsnips
- 2 oz cream
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- To Taste - salt and pepper
1. Peel parsnips and dice roughly
2. Place the parsnips in a small saucepan and just cover with water.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
4. When tender, drain water and and puree parsnips with cream and butter
5. Season to taste
Orange & Pomegranate Marmalade
- 2 # oranges
- 1 ea lemon
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate syrup
- 9 cups water
- 9 cups sugar
Squeeze juice from fruit, set aside
Cut fruit into thin slices, do not use lemon peel (just juice)
Place fruit, juice and water in sauce pan and bring to a boil, simmer about 1 1/2 hours till fruit skin is soft (this mixture should reduce by at least 1/3
Add sugar and stir over low heat until it dissolves
Boil rapidly without stirring (skim froth if necessary) for about 15-20 minutes until the mixture reaches 220 degrees.
Pour into sterilized jars
For more information on TusCA Ristorante at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Resort & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, click here.