Pookie's Bevvy-Style Granola
3 c. organic rolled oats
1 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
1 c. pumpkin seeds
1 c. raw almonds, roughly chopped
1 c. pecans
¼ c. ground raw brown flax seeds
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. kosher salt
1 ½ c. raisins
½ c. dried cranberries
1. Mix oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds, almonds and flax seed in a large bowl.
2. Warm oil and honey with maple syrup, vanilla and salt, to liquefy, and stir in.
3. Spread out in large roasting pan, with low sides (like a "hotel pan") and bake at 350.
4. After about 20 minutes add raisins and cranberries, mix well and resume baking.
5. Bake until golden brown, a total of about 30 minutes.
6. Stir a few times while cooling to prevent clumps.
Gordo's Granola Pancakes
1 recipe Betty's Ocean View Diner pancakes
granola to taste
sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries
1. Make pancake mix per instructions and set aside.
2. Prepare fruit.
3. Heat pan or griddle, pour out pancakes and sprinkle liberally with granola. Flip when golden brown, and garnish with a drizzle of yogurt and the fresh fruit
Gordon Drysdale brings three decades of experience to his role as Partner and Executive Chef of Pizza Antica. Nearly everything on his menu of American-inspired Italian food is hand made down to the mozzarella cheese that tops the restaurant's signature Roman-style pizzas. Prior to joining Pizza Antica, Drysdale spent many years with Real Restaurants in San Francisco running such acclaimed eateries as Bix, the Buckeye Roadhouse and Café Museo at the Museum of Modern Art. Drysdale opened his own place, Gordon's House of Fine Eats, in 1999 where his innovative take on classic American cooking earned him Esquire Magazine's Best New Restaurant Award in 2000.
About Pizza Antica:
We call it modern family dining. We offer the professionalism of a big city eatery with the warmth of a local neighborhood joint: perfect for your first date or your 50th -- with a couple of kids in tow. The atmosphere is sophisticated without being pretentious; stylish but still comfortable. Slide into one of our wooden banquettes and order a fabulous glass of wine while you peruse the menu. Maybe you're in the mood for pizza. Ours is thin crust, Roman style using dough that proofs for nearly three days before we pin into pies that are both chewy and crispy. Toppings are seasonal and procured from local artisans: savory cured meats, fresh cheeses, wild mushrooms, tender, organic greens.
Our service staff is attentive without being overbearing, knowledgeable without being arrogant, qualities that may explain our growing roster of Pizza Antica regulars -- from the pint size customer looking for crayolas and cold milk, to the full grown foodie seeking a wine to pair with that tasty dish of gnocchi.
3600 Mt. Diablo Boulevard
Lafayette, CA 94549
T (925) 299-0500F (925) 299-0501
334 Santana Row, Suite 1065
San Jose, CA 95128
T (408) 557-8373F (408) 557-8738
800 Redwood Highway, Suite 705
Mill Valley, CA 94941
T (415) 383-0600F (415) 383-0606
5540 Douglas Blvd. Suite 150
Granite Bay, Ca. 95746
T (916) 786-0400F (916) 786-0442