The Hotel Triton, a Kimpton Hotel, is environmentally friendly: the hotel is cleaned with green products, eco-friendly rooms and eco-celebrity suites are hugely popular, and they've partnered up with The Trust for Public Land, donating a percentage of room revenue to this visionary organization.
Hotel Triton, SF Green-Friendly Boutique Hotel
342 Grant Avenue, Union Square
San Francisco, CA 94108
- Offers 25% off valet parking for hybrid vehicles.
- Linen and towel re-use reduces laundry detergent and water use by 25%.
- Rooms on the seventh floor have water saving devices, water filtration systems and air filtration/purifiers.
- The Energy Efficiency Program as outfitted the hotel with motion sensors wherever possible.
- Recycling program helps recycle 60% of our waste.
- Guest recycling receptacles are all in guestrooms.
- Paper is 100% recycled and uses soy-based inks.
- All cleaning agents and chemicals used to clean guestrooms have been replaced by non-toxic, environmentally safe products.
- Uses Energy Star energy and water-efficient equipment along with the use of environmentally safe detergents.
- Air conditioning and in-room mini-bars have been replaced with energy-efficient models.
- Desk lamps have Halogena 70 watt Advantage bulbs.
Unwind & Relax:
- Hosted evening wine hour
- omen In Touch Service: schedules spa services, massages in room, complimentary yoga baskets and 24-hour yoga channel.
- In-room spa services. Full-service day spa right in your hotel room - massages, facial hand or foot treatments. Sake, Rice, Sugar, Orange Chocolate, and Umbrian Clay treatments.
- "Forgot It? We've Got It!" Program: a whole menu of the things you may have forgot, but need.
- Pet-friendly. Offering special pet packages as well as beds, bowls and treats.
- Packages and programs designed for women, business or leisure, can be arranged.
Celebrity Suites. Designed personally by some of today's biggest and brightest entertainers, these hotel suites offer the moon and the stars.
- The Häagen-Dazs "Sweet Suite"
- Kathy Griffin's D-List
- The Black Magic Bedroom by Carlos Santana
- The J. Garcia Suite by Jerry Garcia
- King Triton Suite
You can learn more about Trust For Public Land by visiting www.tpl.org
Orchard Garden Hotel
San Francisco's newest and 'greenest' hotel - the Orchard Garden Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco. The Orchard Garden Hotel is California's first generation of truly 'green' hotels - the only hotel built to the nationally accepted standards for green buildings developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) - for which we earned a coveted "Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design" (LEED®) certification. From the building's framework and construction practices, to guest room and public space lighting and décor, to housekeeping, the Orchard Garden Hotel boasts environmentally sustainable practices that are unmatched in the hospitality industry. When it earned this award in June 2007, the Orchard Garden was only the third hotel in the U.S. and the fourth hotel in the world with this certification.
Orchard Garden Hotel
466 Bush Street
San Francisco, California 94108
- Construction materials include concrete made with fly ash, a byproduct of recycling coal, and wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council as harvested in a sustainable manner
- Eco-friendly rooms are decorated in soothing spa colors featuring washable textiles to avoid the chemicals that come with dry cleaning
- Building is well insulated resulting in less energy use for heating and air-conditioning and making the guest rooms very quiet
- Water faucets and toilets are 'low-flow'
- Specially designed carpets include recycled content and have low chemical emissions
- Guestroom key card energy control system, similar to European and Asian systems, saves approximately 15-20% in energy costs
- Organic, chemical-free cleaning products
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- 100% tobacco-free environment
- Recycled paper and soy-based inks
- Roots Restaurant, the Orchard Garden's signature 56-seat restaurant and bar, offers breakfast, lunch and dinner featuring locally grown and raised products whenever possible
- Valet parking for automobiles and bicycles
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi access
- High definition LCD TV's with DVD and CD player
- Natural organic bath products
- Complimentary morning car service to the Financial District
Unwind & Relax:
- Relax on the rooftop deck with a coffee or organic cocktail from Roots bar while soaking in the stunning downtown views
- Book a Junior Terrace Suite that offers a private outdoor terrace compete with English Garden furniture
- Peruse the guestroom's Greenopia guide and tour the city's wide range of eco-friendly establishments
- Take a tour of the city in one of Mr. Toad's eco-friendly touring cars (specially priced for Orchard guests)
- Stay 2 nights and receive the 3rd night at 50% off with the 'Two for Three in the city by the Bay' package
- Enjoy the hotel's original artwork, commissioned by local artists
- Plug into your in-room iPod docking station and groove to your favorite tunes
Environmental accountability is important to Solage. From water and lighting to conservation efforts, they've put a wide range of initiatives in place to promote everyone's well being.
755 Silverado Trail
Calistoga, CA 94515
- Recycling programs and onsite composting
- Furnishings, flooring and other elements created from reclaimed, natural products
- Cuisine featuring locally grown produce largely from small organic farms
- Naturally heated geothermal spa pools
- Reclaimed water for ground irrigation and landscaping featuring drought-tolerant plants
- Method non-toxic cleaning products used in all guest rooms and public areas
- Green sheet program allows guests to help conserve water usage
- Employees lessen the "footprint" by carpooling and biking
Unwind & Relax:
- Fitness facility with complimentary daily classes.
- Complimentary cruiser bikes.
- Spa and boutique
- Mud bar and bathhouse
- Manicure and pedicure salon
- Heated Pool and hot tub
- Wine Tasting
- Bocce Courts
- Hiking and jogging trails
- Pet Progam. They'll provide a dog bed, water, food bowl and natural doggie treats.