Officials say at least 13 insurgents died in the attack. Five Afghan soldiers were wounded.A U.S. coalition spokesman, 1st Lt. Nathan Perry, said early Tuesday that fighting around the base is still going on. He says there had been no American deaths. Arsallah Jamal, the governor of Khost, says the militants failed to gain entry to Camp Salerno in Khost city after launching waves of attacks just before midnight on Monday. The attack came one day after a suicide bomb outside the same base killed 10 civilians and wounded 13 others.
Suicide bombers attack Afghan US base