Squirrel causes Martinez power outage

MARTINEZ, CA

The customers lost power at about 8 a.m. after the squirrel came into contact with electrical lines and they were short-circuited, PG&E spokeswoman Tamar Sarkissian said.

Upon contact, the squirrel was electrocuted.

"It happens on occasion," Sarkissian said. "We have some different insulators that can protect animals and we put those up in areas that have a lot of wildlife, in this particular place there was not a lot of insulation."

Copyright © 2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.