Ward left federal court Thursday after learning he will spend the next seven years in a federal prison.
He was allowed to spend one last night of freedom at home.
Ward will spend the next 30 to 60 days at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin. After that, he will be transferred to a federal prison where he will serve out his sentence.
The earliest he could be released is October of 2014.
- I-Team blog: 7 years for Bernie Ward
- Watch the entire interview with Ward's close friend Michael Prichard
- I-Team blog: Witness for the prosecution
- Read sentencing memo
- Watch the entire interview with Sexfairy (15 minutes)
- Read a verbatim transcript of interview with Sexfairy
- Complete transcript of chats between "Sexfairy" and Bernie Ward (PDFf)
Related Bernie Ward stories:
- Ward sentenced to 7 years for child porn
- Close friend reveals why he turned Ward in
- Prosecutors seek 9-year sentence for Ward
- "Sexfairy" reveals herself, speaks to I-Team
- I-Team blog: Bernie Ward's "Sexfairy" Talks
- Ward complaints date back to priesthood
- Inside Bernie Ward's online chats
- Judge unseals indictment against Bernie Ward
- I-Team blog: Bernie Ward and "Sexfairy"
- I-Team blog: Ward fired -- for now
- I-Team blog: Ward indicted on child porn
- I-Team blog: Ward indictment unsealed