Clock Bar's Milk Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe
By Managing Chef Michael Mina
1/2 Cup Milk
1 1/2 Cups Cream
1 Tbl. Gelatin Powder
8 oz Milk Chocolate
1/2 t. Salt
1. Gently melt chocolate in a bowl over barely simmering water.
2. In a pot, sprinkle gelatin over cold milk and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add salt and pour over melted chocolate.
4. Mix with a rubber spatula until smooth.
5. Add cold cream and mix until completely homogenized.
6. Pour panna cotta into 6 oz glasses, about 2/3 to the top.
7. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Virgin Strawberry Mojito, by Clock Bar's Marco Dionysos
1 oz. fresh lime
1 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. strawberry puree
4 mint sprigs
For the adults: add 1 1/2 oz. Absinthe or light rum
Muddle mint sprigs with lime juice and simple syrup.
Add strawberry puree and cracked ice.
Top with soda. Stir.
Garnish with mint sprig and strawberry.
Michael Mina's Clock Bar is located at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco's Union Square.
The Westin St. Francis
335 Powell Street
San Francisco, California 94102
For more information: www.westinstfrancis.com
About Chef Michael Mina:
Michael Mina was honored as Best San Francisco Chef 2005 by San Francisco Magazine and Best California Chef 2002 by the James Beard Foundation. Mina Group began operations in 2002 and currently operates the following restaurants: MICHAEL MINA at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco; NOBHILL and SEABLUE at MGM Grand in Las Vegas; STRIPSTEAK at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA Bellagio at Bellagio in Las Vegas; ARCADIA in San Jose.