Pretzel Crusted Tilapia
Pretzel Crust .25 cup
Tilapia Fillet (5-7 oz fillets) 1 each
Eggs, whole 2 each
Dijon Mustard .25 cup
Water .25 cup
Seasoned Flour 2 cups
1. Whisk the eggs, water and the dijon mustard together.
2.Dredge the fish fillet coating all sides fist in the seasoned flour, then egg wash and finish in the pretzel crust.
4 .Pan fry
Pretzels, small, salted 2 qts
Panko Bread Crumbs 1 qt
Black Pepper 1 Tblsp
Kosher Salt 1 Tblsp
Onion Powder 1 Tblsp
1. Place everything except the Panko bread crumbs in the robot coupe and process until ground fine.
2. Add the Panko bread crumbs and process for 1 minute
Garlic, chopped** 2 TBL
Shallots, chopped 1 cup
Canola Oil 1 oz
Chicken base .25 cup
Water 9 cups
Heavy Cream 8 cups
AP Flour 8 oz
Butter 1/2 lbs
Koshar Salt 1 Tbl
White Pepper 2 tsp
Dijon Mustard 1 cup
Grained Mustard 1 cup
1. Saute the shallots in the oil until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken stock and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
4. In a separate pan cook the flour and butter together to form a blond roux.
5. Thicken the sauce with the roux, stirring constantly, cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 minutes.
Sauerkraut Mashed Potatoes
Bacon, 1/2" dice 1 pound
Onion, 1/2" dice 1 pound
Sauerkraut, drained 2 pounds
Mashed Potatoes, freshly made 5 pounds
1. Heat large saute pan, add diced bacon and render until brown and crisp, approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add diced onions and saute until translucent.
3. Add drained sauerkraut and bring to 165 degrees, mixing occasionally to blend ingredients.
4. In large mixing bowl combine mashed potatoes minus the garlic with the bacon, onion, sauerkraut mixture - blend well.
About Sean McKennan:
He serves as the General Manager of Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant in San Jose, California. Sean has been working in the hospitality industry since 1990, before which time he honed his passion for edible arts through his studies at the California Culinary Academy. He graduated in 1993 and opened his own restaurant in 1996. After a year of long hours and many late nights, Sean closed up shop and has been working for Gordon Biersch ever since. Sean is well-versed in the brewing process, and his knowledge has helped him successfully run the popular San Jose Gordon Biersch. Sean works closely every day with Chefs and Brewers to ensure they produce fresh, from scratch food and beer. Sean is passionate about food, his guests and his employees.
Gordon Biersch Restaurant
33 East San Fernando Street
San Jose, CA 95113
Gordon Biersch's Oktoberfest
Fall celebration gets underway with German-style eats, drinks and fun Available from September 16th to October 26th
Gordon Biersch Passport members can top off their celebration by participating in the "It Pays to Play" sweepstakes to win additional rewards and prizes, including a trip for two to the 2009 Oktoberfest celebration in Munich, Germany. To participate, members simply swipe their Passport Rewards card for a chance to instantly win free food, merchandise, private dinners and more. Guests can sign up for Passport membership in their favorite Gordon Biersch location. Non-Passport members can participate in a weekly drawing by filling out an entry form at any Gordon Biersch location. No purchase is necessary to participate. The "It Pays to Play" sweepstakes is open from September 16 - October 26. Information is available online at www.gordonbiersch.com.
Gordon Biersch - Festbier Menu 2008
BBQ Pork Sliders
Three mini pork sandwiches topped with cole slaw. Served with fried onion strings.
Shredded Pork Quesadilla
Flour tortillas stuffed with slow roasted pork, cheddar, pepper jack cheese and Pico de gallo, drizzled with sour cream.
A trio of German sausages served with sauerkraut-mashed potatoes, braised red cabbage and two housemade mustards.
Blackened Chicken Salad
Blackened chicken breast served over a bed of lettuce, tossed with cucumber, tomato, cheese, spiced pecans, and spicy jalapeno ranch dressing.
18oz. ribeye, rubbed with Cajun spices, served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
Pretzel Crusted Tilapia
Tilapia encased in a pretzel crust, cooked golden brown, served with a light mustard cream sauce, seasonal vegetables and ginger rice.
Fresh spinach, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese rolled in a breast of chicken then oven roasted. Served over German spaetzel, braised red cabbage and a demi glace.
Tender breaded pork cutlets with sauerkraut-mashed potatoes, spaetzel and braised red cabbage.
Apple Cherry Strudel
A traditional apple and cherry filled pastry baked to a golden brown served with vanilla ice cream.