TARGET FAMILY DAY: Free event at five San Francisco museums
WHEN: Sunday, October 19 2008, 11:00am - 4:00pm
Five San Francisco cultural destinations including SFMOMA, the new Contemporary Jewish Museum, MoAD, Zeum and Yerba Buena Gardens Festival team up with Target to offer families an extraordinary day of art and discovery
This October 19th, five of San Francisco's top cultural destinations including the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), the new Contemporary Jewish Museum, the Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD), Zeum and Yerba Buena Gardens Festival welcome families with a full day of free admission, hands-on art making activities and special family-friendly performances. It's an unprecedented opportunity for kids and their caregivers to experience all that downtown San Francisco's Yerba Buena arts district has to offer, thanks to the generous support of Target.
Each venue offers families with young children a chance to see and make art. At SFMOMA, visitors will discover the secret science of photography with artist and docent-led activities related to the exhibition Brought to Light: Photography and the Invisible. Across the street at the Contemporary Jewish Museum, families can celebrate Sukkot, the Jewish harvest festival, and other similar festivals around the world with art projects and performances. Down the block at MoAD, visitors can take a tour of the brand new exhibition. The Hewitt Collection of African American Art and work with local artists to make a screen print. Over at Zeum, kids can ride the carousel, create a music video, craft their own book bag and much, much more. Yerba Buena Gardens offers a lively afternoon under the sun with world music concerts, puppetry and clowning around.
So put a red target on your calendars for October 19th and dont miss this marathon of creative fun!
WHERE: Five locations downtown San Francisco:
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) -- 151 Third Street (between Mission and Howard); www.sfmoma.org and www.yelp.com
- Contemporary Jewish Museum -- 736 Mission Street (between Third and Fourth); www.thecjm.org and www.yelp.com
- Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD) -- 685 Mission Street (at Third); www.moadsf.org and www.yelp.com
- Zeum -- 221 Fourth Street (at Howard); www.zeum.org/ca and www.yelp.com
- Yerba Buena Gardens Mission Street (between Third and Fourth); www.ybgf.org/Pr and www.yelp.com