Recipe: Wang's Prawns Tonight
Prawns with curry dip
1 lb wild prawns (16-20 count)
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3-4 drops Sirachi
- 1 tsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. diced red onion
- salt to taste
1 Whole purple cabbage (this will hold the dip)
- 2 red peppers - cored, cleaned, and sliced julienne
- 1 english cucumber - pattered with fork and sliced whole
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 bundle of broccoli rab (washed, trimmed)
This is a great appetizer to serve at home or bring to a party. All parts can be made the night before and assembled before served.
- Mix all of the dip ingredients together and chill for at least 30 minutes
- Clean, cook (just until shrimp turn pink - do not overcook), and peel (tail-on) shrimp and refrigerate
- Cut off top of cabbage and core out.
- To serve, pour dip into cabbage bowl, hang shrimp on sides of cabbage bowl and serve in the middle of a veggie platter
- I was thinking the shrimp and veggie platter can be made ahead of time. On the show we can just make the dip, prep the cabbage, and set up the platter.