Resale vintage thrift and consignment shopping tips:
- When you go Resale shopping wear easy on and off clothing and the correct underwear.
- Check seams for surged edges.
- Make sure the garments don't have stains, pilling and that the lining is in tact or body odor and mold smells.
- Try on everything. Don't go by the size in the item. It could have been altered.
- Look for high end designers first and items you usually can't afford.
- Haggle the price. Often the resale store will take a lower price.
- Shop in expensive and chic areas.
- Take pictures or make a list, and stay focused because this kind of shopping can be overwhelming.
- If you have to dry clean something or get alterations, remember that this adds to the overall cost of the item.
- Make friends with the sales person, so that they will let you know when a new delivery has something in it you may like.
- If you are new at resale shopping start with a classic LBD, a coat, trench coat or a handbag.
- Anticipate sales and delivery dates for new merchandise, which usually arrives on a Tuesday.
You can watch more on recession proof fashions here: