- Essential gardening tools: Ergonomic Hand Garden Tools, Garden Kneeler Cushion, All-purpose potting soil
- Suggested Seeds: Pollinator Attractor Seed Collection and Johnny's Seeds.
- Pick plants and flowers that produce food all season - like cherry, aster and flowers that produce nectar or large pollen.
- Use organic and soluble fertilizers.
- Create a bee friendly garden with plants that attract honey bees. Select a plant with a long growing season or a group of plants that together will offer flowers from spring through fall.
Center For Urban Horticulture
1 Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
About Missy Borel:
Missy received her bachelor's in Plant Sciences from UC Davis in 2004, and her master's in Horticulture & Agronomy from UC Davis in 2007. Her graduate research focus was (1) best practices for the development of educational signage in botanical gardens and (2) the physiological health benefits to recreating in an outdoor environment. Since finishing graduate school, Missy has been the Program Manager at the California Center for Urban Horticulture (CCUH). Her role at the CCUH is to coordinate and execute programs that help to enhance urban living and environmental awareness for the people of California. A current project of particular interest is the Honey Bee Haven garden. Missy is working to coordinate the efforts of the project's various partners (Haagen-Dazs, Ketchum, Department of Entomology, Landscape Design and Architecture, Cagwin & Dorward, CCUH) by facilitating communication and scheduling necessary events and activities to achieve the project deadline and goals.