- Use natural fibers throughout the house. Sisal and sea grass flooring are great examples of durable & eco-friendly flooring.
- A big trend this year is the return of wall paper. Specifically grass cloth paper.
- People are redecorating with less formality. They are making their homes more contemporary and practical for family life.
- Use lots of natural colors for furniture. You can add colorful accessories to liven up a room.
- Use ecological sensitive paint, like LVOC: Low Volatile Organic Compounds.
About the S.F. Decorator Showcase:
The elegant and formal Georgian mansion at 2830 Pacific was originally designed and built in 1910 by San Francisco architect Nathaniel Blaisdell. The four-story mansion sits on one of the largest lots on the 2800 block of Pacific between Divisadero and Broderick, adjacent to Raycliff Terrace. The main level's spacious public areas include an elegant parlour, living room, large family kitchen and a formal dining room leading out to a landscaped garden terrace. The second level includes five bedrooms and a formal library. The penthouse level features a stunning wrap-around terrace with panoramic Bay views. The San Francisco Decorator Showcase is the West Coast's premiere design showhouse event, featuring the work of the region's top designers. The San Francisco Decorator Showcase is a benefit for San Francisco University High School's financial aid program. Over the past 32 years, Showcase has raised more than $10 million and benefited hundreds of Bay Area students.
Dates: April 25 - May 25, 2009
2830 Pacific Avenue, SF CA (Pacific Heights)
New this year, the San Francisco Decorator Showcase presents the Thursday Evening Book Signing Series during the Showcase run at 5:30pm. The series features the Bay Area's most prominent designers and artists signing books about their work, including:
- 4/30, Orlando Diaz-Azcuy and Diane Dorrans Saeks signing Orlando Diaz-Azcuy by Diane Dorrans Saeks;
- 5/7, John Wheatman signing two of his books, A Good House is Never Done and Meditations on Design: Reinventing Your Home With Style;
- 5/14, Zahid Sardar signing New Garden Design: Inspiring Private Paradises by Zahid Sardar; photographs by Marion Brenner; and
- 5/21, Squeak Carnwath signing Squeak Carnwath: Painting Is No Ordinary Object, the exhibition essay by curator Karen Tsujimoto and art critic and poet John Yau.
Anyon Interior Design
Design Space: Master Bath
Audrey Brandt Audrey Brandt Interiors Design Space: The Sports Room Website: www.audreybrandt.com
Benjamin Dhong Interiors
Design Space: Her Study - The Rose Room
Cecilie Starin Design Inc.
Design Space: Reverie -- Master Bedroom
Christopher Yates Landscape Architecture
Design Space: Front Entry Garden
Design Space: The Dweller's Lodge
Design Space: Ballroom Powder Room