Columbia River Salmon with spring vegetable ragout
- 2lbs. of the freshest wild salmon available. cut into 5oz filets
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed peeled & blanched
- 4 spring onion bulbs, slow roasted
- 1 cup fava beans, blanched and shelled
- 3 cloves garlic, shaved very thin
- 3 artichokes, trimmed to the bottom, blanched
- 1 cup English peas
- 1 cup fingerling potatoes, blanched split lengthwise or sliced into coins
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4lb. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 1 T tarragon, chopped
- 1 T chives, sliced
- 1 T parsley, chopped or chervil (save some leaves for garnish)
- kosher salt, to taste
- white pepper if desired to taste
- fleur de sel (garnish)
Spring Vegetable Ragout
- Heat a heavy bottom sauté pan on medium heat with butter and a splash of olive oil.
- Add garlic slivers.
- Add white wine & lemon juice.
- Add onions, artichokes carrots, potatoes, English peas & favas.
- Allow to simmer for a few moments to heat thoroughly.
- Add herbs, salt & pepper to taste.
- On a serving plate, spoon ragout along with some of the cooking liquid.
- Place salmon filet on top of vegetables and spoon some of the braising liquid over the top, drizzle with a little meyer lemon oil, sprinkle fleur de sel, and scatter herbs. serve immediately.
Grange, as an experience, begins visually, and viscerally. One walks into a warm, embracing atmosphere where originality and authenticity foreshadow the expectations of Grange's approach to food. But there is excitement here, an almost tactile visual feel that invites exploration. A two-story glass tower is filled with 2,000 bottles featuring California's finest wines, while most of Grange itself is surrounded by glass and interacts with the vibrancy of Sacramento's downtown core.
926 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
About Joie de Vivre Hospitality:
Based in San Francisco, Joie de Vivre Hospitality is a creative collection of lifestyle businesses. As California's largest independent boutique hotelier, Joie de Vivre encompasses other hospitality businesses such as restaurants and spas. JdV's extensive restaurant experience includes San Francisco's Americano Restaurant in Hotel Vitale, consistently voted Best Financial District Bar. O Izakaya Lounge in JdV's Hotel Kabuki was also honored as of one of the 100 Best Restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area by San Francisco Chronicle Food Editor Michael Bauer. Meanwhile, West Restaurant and Bar in Hotel Angeleno in Los Angeles was one of only three restaurants in America to make Conde Nast Traveler's HOT LIST in 2007 along with having the hotel listed. JdV's Millennium Restaurant in San Francisco's Union Square has also been awarded the Best Vegetarian restaurant in America for five years in a row based upon a national reader poll of Veg News magazine.
Celebrating 21 years of creating dreams, Joie de Vivre Hospitality is expanding its California presence in Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Sunnyvale, Huntington Beach and beyond.
About Michael Tuohy:
Michael is a 31-year veteran of the restaurant industry and comes to Sacramento from Atlanta, where he owned and operated Woodfire Grill, Atlanta's leading restaurant for local, seasonal, and organic cuisine. His early experience included joining Bay Area chef and cookbook author Joyce Goldstein of San Francisco's Square One Restaurant. He's also been featured through StarChefs.com, an online publication highlighting top chefs. Tuohy is an active member of the Slow Food movement, the Chefs Collaborative and a past board member of Georgia Organics.