Fresh Strawberry Parfaits
Note: When making layers, begin spooning around the inside edge of the glass so that all of the layers show around the outside of the glass.
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries, plus 1 pint whole fresh strawberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- Vanilla yogurt
- Low-fat granola
- Ice cream sundae glass, wine goblet or champagne flute
- Set aside 4 perfect strawberries for garnish.
- Process 3 cups berries with sugar in food processor until smooth. Remove to a bowl. Makes 1 1/2 cups puree.
- Hull and slice remaining berries
- Put 1 tablespoon puree into the bottom of a sundae glass or wine goblet. (It won't look like much, but if you put more in, then it goes up the sides of the glass when you add the yogurt.)
- Top with spoonfuls of yogurt, always making sure the layers show around the outside of the glass.
- Top with layer of granola
- Top with a layer of sliced berries.
- Continue making as many layers as possible, the more the prettier.
- Top with a perfect berry and enjoy!
The Sunkist Naturals brand is an outgrowth of Mark's passion to deliver to consumers, healthier, better-for-you foods. He first got into the food industry to learn how to build great brands and change it by delivering healthier products that consumers love. Sunkist Naturals is based in Palo Alto, Calif.