Mattress and furniture tips:
- Invest in furniture that will grow with your child. Think long term, even college.
- When kids first come out of a crib the most important thing is get them on a bed that's fairly low to the ground. A trundle bed is a great idea. Plus, as they get older they can move up to the taller bed and then you have extra room in the house for company.
- You want to buy a good mattress for your child. Kids are growing during these younger years and it's really important to have them on something very supportive. You want to get something with a firm coil count on the inside, but nice plush padding on top. You're going to need to spend between a hundred and three hundred dollars for a good twin mattress and it should last a good eight to ten years.
- The benefit of a good mattress pad is for a couple of reasons; for the moisture barrier, when kids are growing and still having possible accidents on a mattress. Their immune systems aren't as good as adults so it's important to have something that's going to protect them from the bed mites and all the other things that can cause problems within a kid's room.
- Use a low VOC paint. You can get that at almost any paint store. It is low in chemicals so it smells better, it is not as bad for the environment and you don't have a lot of fumes in the air which is perfect for a kid's room.
- You can never have too much storage for kids. Use baskets to organize toys, books & misc. items.
- Don't be afraid to mix different wood tones. It can add a unique feel to the room.
- You want to invest in the big pieces, not in the other stuff which is going to get dirty, or torn or outgrown, that's where you save your money.
Mancini's offers the widest selection of mattresses and sleep products from manufacturers such as Serta, Simmons, Sealy, Englander, Tempur-Pedic, Aireloom, and Kluft. Mancini's Kids World has a huge selection of in-stock bunk beds, loftbeds, desks, bean bags and more all ready for delivery and set-up in your home. Furniture for every style of bedroom can be found at Mancini's. Mancini's has it all. Beds, nightstands, dressers, armoires and more. Mancini's also carries a wide variety of futons, the better sofa sleeper.
Kelly Moore Paints