Mother's Day Deep Dish Pancakes
By Chef Mark Ainsworth, Shokolaat Restaurant in Palo Alto
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup fresh seasonal berries such as strawberries (sliced), raspberries (whole), blue berries
- 2 ounces white chocolate, shaved
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter, mix until smooth.
- Lightly grease and flour a 6 to8 inch cast iron pan or bake proof pan. Add batter to pan and bake at 350°F for 15-20 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 min then garnish with berries and white chocolate and serve. Serve in the pan and bring to mom in bed!
Shokolaat in Palo Alto is Modern Bistro centered in the heart of Silicon Valley. The concept of Shokolaat is that of a neighborhood Restaurant, Patisserie, Chocolatier, and Lounge serving lunch and dinner with take out pastries. With it's elegant yet casual ambiance it is most certainly a place for an impromptu gathering of friends, a fun culinary evening with a business client, to a romantic dining experience for two. As our guests arrive and throughout your experience our service staff will treat you with genuine care.
Our culinary team is pleased to tempt your pallet with our seasonal inspired menu stemming from mostly local, organic, and sustainable ingredients. Finish up your meal with our selection of European style chocolates and pastries made with organic sugar, flour, and dairy from St. Anthony's farm in Sonoma.
If a trip to Paris is out of the question, our early morning pick me up of freshly baked croissants and danishes, of course made from organic ingredients, can be enjoyed with organic, fair trade coffees from the Barista.