- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ c. milk
- ½ c. crushed saltine crackers or Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ c. dried onion
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. sage
- 1 ½ lb. The Buffalo Guys Ground Buffalo
- ¼ c. ketchup2
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. dried mustard
Buffalo sirloin steak with sauteed mushrooms and sage
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Sage seasoning (dry powdered)
- Olive oil
- The Buffalo Guys Premium Steak Seasoning
- 4 ounce Buffalo Guys Filet of Sirloin
- Sprinkle The Buffalo Guys seasoning on both sides of thawed steak. Let stand.
- Cover bottom of skillet with olive oil (about ¼" deep) and turn burner on to medium.
- Chop fresh rosemary to pieces about 3/8" in length. Slice mushrooms to medium thickness.
- Place mushrooms and rosemary in now hot oil. Season lightly with sage powder and The Buffalo Guys seasoning. Occasionally add oil if needed to keep contents fluid. - Keep heat just under the temp that makes the oil smoke.
- Once mushrooms are heated well and beginning to cook, clear a place in the center of the skillet for the steak and add with tongs (top side down). Now lightly sprinkle The - - Buffalo Guys seasoning on the top of the steak. Surround the flavoring mix closely to the sides of the steak to impart flavor. Keep heat medium to high but without smoke.
- With tongs, turn the steak over when lightly browned. If mushrooms are cooking too fast they can be placed on the steak.
- Once the other side is browned, turn steak again, cover and turn the heat down to low.
- Turn steak once or twice more and check for tenderness. Remove to plate when desired and using a slotted spoon scoop out the flavoring mix and place on top of the steak. - Let steak stand in a warm area for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Order Buffalo meat from www.TheBuffaloGuys.com and enter promo code "View" when ordering. Good through May 18, 2009.
So many people don't know how or where to get buffalo and it's such a great alternative and healthy choice. Especially with everyone so interested in eating organic and environmentally friendly, buffalo is an excellent choice. Plus, it's healthy and low-fat, which is great! Here are some facts about buffalo:
- Buffalo meat contains less cholesterol, calories and fat, and more iron and vitamin B-12, than beef, pork or skinless chicken
- Buffalo meat is heart-healthy, lean, protein rich and full of iron.
- The Buffalo Guys all-natural buffalo meat is range-raised without antibiotics or growth hormones.
- To assure sustainability, The Buffalo Guys use rotational grazing, stock water developments, wildlife-friendly fences and active monitoring of native plants and animals.
- The Buffalo Guys prohibit the use of non-organic chemical means and do not support the use of feedlots.
The Buffalo Guys are two ranchers/ cowboys that offer buffalo meat to consumers via their online marketplace. In extreme North-West Kansas The Buffalo Guys, Ken Klemm and Peter Thieriot, own about 3300 acres of prime, native buffalo range. Here, their herd of about 500 head grazes as they have for millennia. Early explorer accounts of this land tell of herds so great that when they came to water they would drink the creek dry. So when they brought the buffalo back to this place it was a homecoming and a great day in "buffalo history."