Tiers make your buffet not only interesting, but also provide additional space for serving platters. If you have limited room on your table this is a good way to maximize it without overcrowding. Also, tiers are easily decorated to enhance the theme of your party.
Assembling Tiers: - Purchase a large cardboard tube, which can be found at most packing supply stores. Cut the tube into three different heights, for example 12", 9" & 6".
- If you don't have time to get a tube, you can use common household items such as telephone books, large cans or place a mixing bowl upside down.
- Please note that groupings of three are ideal for decorating.
- To cover the tubes you can use wrapping paper, moss or material remnants. It can be glued, stapled or simply tucked under.
- Place a title, wood piece or a decorative flat surface on top of the tube. It is important to make sure it is stable.
- Then place your platter on top of the tile.
- Scatter other decorative items in and around the base of the tier. These can include leaves, rocks or other items found around the house depending on the theme.
About Taste Catering:
Established in 1978, Taste is women-owned and operated and has provided the very best in catering and event planning services for private and corporate clients in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 30 years. From an elaborate and very private rock-star wedding in Napa to a Fortune 500 company picnic for 4,000 in Silicon Valley to an elegant, high security sit-down dinner for the President of the United States, our client list speaks for itself. Taste is committed to making your unique event the best that you or your guests have ever attended.
For more information, visit www.tastecatering.com