Financial advisor Beverly Tobocman advises women to find out:
- What kind of money do you have: assets, bank accounts, etc.?
- Where is your money? Do you have it in different banks or do you have insurance?
- It is important to build a new community and support system of friends and professionals.( Many women lose their current friends after a divorce or death)
- Women also may need to hire an attorney or counselor for legal and emotional support
- Women need to find a financial advisor whom they can trust to help them.
Beverly Tobocman is a financial advisor and the president of JBT Financial, LLC, a financial services corporation. She holds an MBA in finance and is a registered broker and member of AIG Advisor Group, the largest financial services corporation in the world. She is also the author of Now That He's Gone: A Financial Therapist's Guide to Life After Loss. Beverly also facilitates national support groups called "Just Us Girls" club.