TART CHERRY GRANITÉ WITH STONEFRUIT SALAD
Tart Cherry Granité
- 3 cups Tart Cherry juice
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoone Kirsch (optional)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 each Stonefruit Salad (recipe below)
1. Combine first four ingredients, whisking to dissolve the sugar (add more sugar if you want a sweeter granité).
2. Pour the liquid into casserole dish or cookie sheet with sides and freeze until completely set all the way through.
3. Using a fork, scrape the ice to obtain a product resembling snowflakes.
4. At this point, you can return the granité to the freezer until you are ready to serve it.
5. To serve, place desired amount of granite in a bowl or serving dish and lay stonefruit salad over it. Garnish as desired with tarragon leaves, meringues, or shortbread.
Stone Fruit Salad
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ bunch Tarragon
- ½ cup Cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 each Peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 each Plums, thinly sliced
6. Combine water and sugar in a small pot and place over low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
7. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
8. Add the tarragon, cover with plastic and allow to infuse until cooled.
9. Toss the prepared fruit in the tarragon syrup.
898 Santa Cruz Avenue
Menlo Park, CA