TIPS FOR ACCESSORIZING YOUR HOME
- Invest in very durable finishes for your furniture. The last thing you want, especially if you have a family, is to be telling your kids they can't sit on anything.
- For intimacy in a room add fluffy pillows, big warm blankets, candles and flowers on the table
- Lighting, like paint, is a great way to freshen a room without a whole lot of change.
- The kitchen is a nice place to slightly accessorize, while also keeping it a very usable space. Consider incorporating plants, cooking oils, fruit and cookbooks on the counter sparingly.
- Plants throughout the house are always a good idea.
- Large sculptural pieces in the bedroom
- Large conversational pieces for the living room
- Use Red for a pop of color
- White is excellent in a darker room. It really draws your eye.
- Accessorizing a coffee table with tea cups or other unusual personal items, as well as books and low plants
Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation (TMRF) is raffling a $1.4 million home in the Village at Northstar at Lake Tahoe. The Grand Prize home includes a Tahoe Mountain Club Membership and a $150,000 interior decor package. The Lake Tahoe Dream Home Raffle also includes over $100,000 in additional prizes! Proceeds from the raffle will help the nonprofit, Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation, to enrich the quality of life in the Truckee/North Lake Tahoe region through cultural, environmental, educational and charitable pursuits.