Wallpaper Placemats & Coasters:
- Roll out the wallpaper upside down.
- On the back side measure out a 12'x 15' rectangle for placemats, and a 4' square for coasters.
- If you are going to do a few items, then you may want to create a template (or frame) out of cardboard. In this instance you would place the wallpaper right-side up. This way you can see and trace out the exact pattern you want.
- After tracing the placemat or coaster, cut it out using a straight edge blade. One idea is to use a corner rounder punch, available at any craft store, for rounded edges.
- Then laminate the wallpaper. You can get things laminated at Kinkos, Staples, Michaels or other craft and office supply stores. To save money laminate multiple coasters on one sheet.
- Afterwards, cut the items and use a peel and stick cork for the backing. Peel and stick cork for the bottoms of the coasters can be found at Lowe's.
Wallpaper Home Decor Products:
Can be found at www.curiosityshoppeonline.com
About Derek Fagerstrom and Lauren Smith:
Derek Fagerstrom and Lauren Smith are the owners of the Curiosity Shoppe and gallery in San Francisco where they offer crafts, kits and curios for the creatively inclined (curiosityshoppeonline.com). They are the co-founders of the Curiosity Guild, an arts-and-crafts collective that offers workshops, field trips, appreciation nights and special events, and are frequent contributors to a number of design blogs and publications.
Smarts&Crafts is where they write about their current obsessions, observations, craft projects, inspirations and discoveries.