Beauty Tips for a holistic approach to skincare:
- Sleep, exercise & restorative activity: Your body needs a balance of all three to obtain younger looking skin. A good 7 to 8 hours sleep not only keeps skin looking younger, but helps maintain weight regulation as well.
Sleep deprivation can not only cause weight gain, but we have a tendency to reach for foods full of carbs and sugar for quick energy which are not great for the skin.
Exercise is a must for a glowing radiant complexion as it gets circulation going and moves more oxygen throughout the body.
Restorative activities such as yoga and meditation helps to keep stress levels down which can cause breakouts from over active adrenal glands and also make the skin look tired.
- Home Care Regimen: While it's ideal to get under the care of a good aesthetician, it's not in everyone's budget. However, there are some basics that you can do at home to keep skin in optimum condition.
Cleanse: A good, all purpose, milky cleanser is best, especially going into the winter months as they don't dry the skin.
Exfoliate: You can do this either "mechanically" with a mild exfoliating scrub or "chemically" with an enzyme or alpha hydroxy product. Moving dead cell build up with make the skin look smooth and bright.
Moisturize: Very important especially during the harsh winter months. It's not only the elements that will affect the skin, but indoor heating systems will parch skin so fast you'll feel like you've aged 10 years.
Products that have moisture binding and retaining properties are best. Two ideal ingredients to look for in a moisturizing product are Shea Butter and Hyaluronic Acid which acts as a micro sponge and can hold 1000 times it weight in water.
Protect & Prevent: This one's easy; SUNSCREEN ,SUNSCREEN & SUNCREEEN. One with a full spectrum UVA/UVB coverage is best. A note about sunscreens: They all make the face look a little "whitish". This is because they are supposed to lie on the surface of the skin to protect and act as a barrier. Try one with a little tint to help avoid that look.
- Climate/Seasonal Change (Including Travel): With changing seasons comes climate change and dry skin is the worst in the winter and when you travel, especially to climates that lack humidity. It's important to use products that help against harsh side effects such as dry, dehydrated and dull skin, fine lines and irritation.
They contain Sodium PCA and Hyaluronic Acid for locking in moisture and plumping the skin, Cloudberry Seed Oil, Green and White Tea extracts which are anti-oxidants, Arnica and Camomile to sooth and heal and Heat Shock Proteins which are "climate adjusting".
- Hydration: A well hydrated body produces younger looking skin so it is important what you drink. Coffee and alcohol can dehydrate the skin, making it look "crepey". If you do consume these, it's even more important to do you 6 - 8 glasses of water a day.
- Diet: Eating alkaline forming fresh vegetables and fruits such as dark leafy greens, carrots, avocados and berries help nourish and detoxify the body which in turn keeps the skin looking clear and bright.
- Parabens: Can cause allergic reactions and skin rashes.
- Mineral Oil: Can interfere with the body's own natural moisturizing mechanism, leading to dry skin and chapping and clogging pores.
- Petroleum: Clogs pores.
- Karin herzog oxygen face cream, $45
- Karin Herzog Vitamin A Facial Oil, $35
- Air Repair Complexion Quenching Facial Mist, $12
- Air Repair Soohting Facial Cleansing Milk, $12
- Air Repair Beauty Balm, $28
- Perfekt Skin Perection Gel /Great Foundation With Hyaluronic Acid, $58
- Sothys Comfort Mask, $36.00
- Juice Beauty Exfoliating Cleanser, $20
- Juice Beauty Tinted Moisturizer With Spf 20, $20
- Susan Posnick Colorflo Mineral Foundation With Spf 26, $64.00
- visagestudio.com & Visage Studios in SF
- Harmony Pharmacy located @ SFO International Airport/Terminal 3/650.821.1313
- The Spa At The Carneros Inn/ Napa/707.299.4900
- Studio Beautymix @ Fred Segal in Santa Monica 310.394.8509 and Studio Beautymix @ Korres in Manhattan 212.219.0683
Juice Beauty products can be found at Whole Foods.
About Air Repair Skincare line:
It's the first natural targeted skincare system to combat flight fatigue and environmental stresses that affect the health of the skin. The products are free of petroleum, mineral oil and parabens. The beauty treatments and skincare line are indicative of comprehensive wellness techniques through non-invasive treatments.
Denise Spanek specializes in creating individually customized regimes designed to enhance overall health and well-being - with a primary focus on skin vitality.
Embracing Spanek's long term philosophy that beauty comes from within, she draws from centuries-old European traditions and today's cutting edge products - such as the patented and acclaimed Air Repair Skincare brand. website: www.airrepairskincare.com
About Visage Studio:
Visage offers customized skincare treatments, expert make-up applications and instruction, preventative aging practices and more. The Air Repair Skincare line enhances and support the foundation and services along with a complete line of additional exclusive and natural skincare and beauty products.
Visage Studio & Air Repair Skincare
The American Industrial Center Building
2325 3rd Street, Suite # 411
San Francisco , CA 94107
(415) 503-1101 website: visagestudio.com
Air Repair Skincare Kit:
Retails for $65
- Air Repair Beauty Balm: Complexion-Boosting Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid (2 oz tube)
- Air Repair Super-Hydrating Eye Cream: Soothing, Line-Minimizing Formulation (1 oz bottle)
- Air Repair Soothing Facial Cleansing Milk: with Chamomile and Arnica Extracts (2 oz bottle)
- Air Repair Complexion Quenching Facial Mist: Refreshing Facial Toner and Hydrator (2 oz spray bottle)
- Air Repair Rescue Balm: All-Purpose Skin Salve and Lip Balm (.9 oz tube)