Zhena's DIY Ideas:
- Puffy eye treatment: (also helps reduce appearance of wrinkles) you can use cold tea sachets on eyes to reduce puffiness, redness and wrinkles. This is a cold brew tea sachet of Black Tea, Gypsy Rose, Bed & Breakfast, or Peach Oolong.
Facts: Black tea bags (with caffeine) contain tannins a natural astringent which constricts blood vessels and pulls the skin taut which can be helpful for puffy eyes while the caffeine constricts dilated capillaries diminishing the dark circles. Tea bags are preferable to cotton pads soaked in tea since they are far more concentrated in tannins. Contains Vitamin B2
- Antioxidant tea hand soak and exfoliating scrub: to moisturize and reduce signs of aging: Black & Green Tea sachets are steeped in boiled water for 10 minutes, mixture is cooled with ice cubes and hands are soaked, an exfoliator is made with sugar, olive oil and the leftover tea leaves for a scrub mid soak.
Facts: Contains vitamins A, C and E and polyphenols EGCG (also known as catechins) which are natural antioxidants, stronger than Vitamin E with anti-inflammatory properties that cleanses and detoxifies skin, also protecting it from free-radicals. When exposed to EGCG, the old cells found in the upper layers of the epidermis appear to start dividing again, renewing into healthy epidermis.
- Shiny hair tea rinses: one for Brunettes, Blonds, Redheads and Gracefully Greying Heads to bring out the shine and reduce frizz: A cold tea mixture is used to rinse hair after shampooing and conditioner while you're still in the shower: Blondes should use White & Green teas (sense of peace or egyptian mint), Brunettes shouuld use Black Tea, Ginger Peach or Raspberry.
Grey & Redheads should use Rooibos, Red lavender or Luminous Lemon.
Facts: Tea is a great source of panthenol. Panthenol, or pro-vitamin B, has long been used as a conditioner. It softens and strengthens hair, conditions and keeps split ends from forming.
- Weight loss tea latte's: how to give up dessert, speed up your metabolism and lose weight with rich, creamy tea lattes. We made 2 different lattes- One with coconut chai black tea with soymilk and stevia or honey and another with cacaoberry green tea with nonfat milk and honey.
Facts: Scientific studies have discovered that the main ingredients responsible for tea slimming effects are caffeine and EGCG.
- Tighten pores with tea spritzers: how to make toners from tea to tighten pores and freshen skin:
Here we used Egyptian Mint Green Tea & Goji Cacao Green Tea, steep for 5-7 minutes and put in small spray bottle, store in the refrigerator then use after cleansing as a pore tightening astringent.
Facts: These astringents contain vitamins a, c and e
As one of the early pioneers of the organic and Fair Trade movement and the founder of Zhena's Gypsy Tea, Zhena Muzyka believed that by selling tins of tea she could become a purveyor of hope and a conduit for change.
Zhena's vision is now her mission, as she oversees a company that doesn't just market products, it markets meaning-teas with a commitment to social responsibility, sustainability and the well-being of others.
Gypsy Tea is a community minded, pro-active company that works directly with small growers and out of the way tea gardens and affects change by providing these workers with healthcare, guaranteed maternity leave, childcare, literacy, better working conditions, and autonomy.
The company is dedicated to building equitable trading partnerships that create opportunities and alleviate poverty while delivering to the marketplace exquisite teas with unique, healthy attributes that please the palate and delight the senses.
For more information, visit www.gypsytea.com