"Emotional & Physical Self-Defense - How to Protect Yourself"
Develop and practice your physical and emotional Self-Defense Skills so you are comfortable using them when confronted or feeling vulnerable. Remember, you are in charge...if it doesn't feel quite right, it isn't!
- Listen to your intuition - Keep yourself safe by listening to your inner, knowing voice
- Let go of your ego - Fear of looking bad or not being liked
- Honor yourself and your self-esteem - Saying 'yes' when meaning 'no' because you want to be validated
- How do you know when someone is who they say they are?
- How do you know the person you are with is safe?
- How can you tell if someone will harm you?
- Are you emotionally prepared to defend yourself?
- Have you developed your intuition so that it can help navigate you away from danger before it happens?
TLC (Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Control Yourself)
- Trust yourself - The body never lies. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't
- Love yourself - Listen to your intuition
- Control Yourself - Caution - SLOW DOWN & watch to see what people say and do and make sure they match!
- Your life is of essential value
- No one has the right to violate you or your essential space
- You have every right to do everything in your power to protect yourself
- Most people don't know what to do, and become paralyzed by social conditioning
ICE (In Case of Emergency)
- IN YOUR BODY - Your power resides in your body
- CONDUCT YOUR POWER - Invoke something beyond your fear
- EXPAND - Execute the self-defense action that is required in that moment
National Action Organization EVENT Free To The Public
When: Sunday, 1:00pm - 3:00pm Nov 29, 2009
Where: Stage Door in Sausalito, CA
Presented by Radio talk show host, author and Founder of The National Action Organization along with Doug Childers, Author, 3rd Degree Black Belt , motivational speaker and Board Member of NAO.
About Maryanne Comaroto:
The National Action Organization (NAO) is 501(c)(3) non profit, founded by Maryanne Comaroto and is committed to changing the way our culture values women.
Maryanne founded the NAO over a decade ago in the hopes of educating women about the importance of self esteem, offering them scholarships and emergency funds to help build a foundation for success as well as offering relationships skills to help them build self esteem so women NEVER have to prostitute or compromise themselves in any way to get her needs met.
It is the organization's intention with their latest effort to teach to women of all ages, how critical it is to truly value themselves and teach them the physical and emotional skills to take care of themselves in compromising, threatening or abusive situations.