Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 oz. espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie mix out of the can
- 8 oz. milk
- Combine espresso and pumpkin pie and mix well. The nice thing about the pumpkin pie mix is it already has all the spices needed.
- If you only have canned pumpkin, use 2 tbsp. canned pumpkin, ½ tsp. cinnamon and ½ tsp. nutmeg.
- Top with warmed milk and enjoy this traditional holiday treat.
- 2 shots espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1 tsbp. chocolate syrup
- 2 tsbp. crushed peppermints - divided
- 8 oz. milk
- 1 cup ice
- Begin by dipping the rim of your martini glass in water, then dip the rim in 1 tbsp. of crushed peppermint.
- In a martini shaker, place your fresh espresso shots, chocolate and peppermint.
- Stir until chocolate and peppermint are dissolved, then add milk and ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into martini glass and enjoy this refreshing, minty drink!
- 8 oz. milk
- 2 tbsp. powdered non-dairy creamer
- 3 tbsp. powdered chocolate (If you don't have powdered chocolate, you can make your own by combining 2 parts sugar to one part cocoa powder)
- 16 oz. ice
- whipping cream to taste
- sprinkles to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- The milk in decaf coffee drinks helps women build calcium (especially when pregnant or breastfeeding).
- Pumpkin pie mix has all the seasonings mixed in, making it perfect for the latte. If you'd rather use canned pumpkin, add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- You can make your own powdered chocolate by combining two parts sugar to one part cocoa powder.
About Heather Perry:
Heather Perry discovered her love for java more than a decade ago. This renowned barista began her coffee career at the tender age of 11 by washing dishes and sweeping floors in her parent's coffeehouse.
At 15, Heather worked behind the espresso machine and used her creativity to experiment with different drinks and make them her own.
Years of dedication to her craft paid off. Perry has been named United States Barista Champion in 2007 and 2003, plus a Western Region Champion in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
She has also appeared on many TV shows including "What's Hot What's Cool" on the Food Network and BIG on the Discovery Channel where her name was put in the Guinness Book of World Records for building the world's largest espresso machine.
Perry is currently the Director of Training and Consulting at the Coffee Klatch. She also recently established the Heather Perry's Best Barista Training and General Manages Coffee Klatch's Southern California coffeehouses.
She graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in International Business and Marketing.