Peppered beef stir fry
Yield: 1 serve
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 100g beef fillet, cut into 0.75cm thick slices
- 50g (1/4 cup) green capsicum (peppers), sliced into 6mm batons
- 50g (1/4 cup) red capsicum (peppers), sliced into 6mm batons
- 35g (1/4 cup ) spanish onion, sliced 5mm thick
- 25g chinese mustard greens, sliced
- 5g (1no) clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 8g (2 teaspoons) finely grated fresh ginger
- 10g (1 heaped teaspoon) palm sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) shaoxing wine
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) light soy sauce
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) oyster sauce
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) chicken stock
- 8 fresh thai basil leaves
- Jasmine rice and extra thai basil leaves, to serve
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a wok until just smoking. Add beef and stir-fry quickly to seal.
- Add capsicum (peppers,) onion and mustard greens and toss, then add garlic and ginger and toss again.
- Add palm sugar and pepper, stir fry to melt sugar, then add shaoxing wine to deglaze the wok.
- When most of the liquid is evaporated add soy, oyster sauce, chicken stock and thai basil and stir-fry to combine. Check seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Light Soy Sauce: Boy Brand Yellowbean Soy
- Oyster Sauce: Lee Kum Kee
Qantas first lounge signature beef burger with bacon, gruyere, dill pickle and totamo relish
- Brioche Bun (8cm x 13cm), split in half crosswise, toasted and buttered
- 20g cos lettuce leaves
- 130g CW beef mince pattie
- 20g (approx.) cooked bacon rasher
- 20g sliced heidi gruyere cheese
- 25g Pickles
- 20g tomato and chilli relish
- Place lettuce on base of Brioche, top with burger pattie, pickle, cheese and bacon and finish with tomato and chilli relish.
- 3 kg minced beef (see note above)
- 30g Sea Salt
- 8g Fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead well until mixture is well combined.
- Shape mince mixture into patties about 2cm high and 10cm in diameter.
- Heat an oiled frying pan or flat grill plate until hot. Reduce heat to medium and cook burgers, flattening to ensure they are 2cm thick, for about 5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from heat.
Qantas is the only airline offering A380 service from the U.S. on select non-stop flights from Los Angeles to Sydney and to Melbourne. The Qantas A380 features aircraft interiors designed by internationally renowned industrial designer and Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson. Providing over 40 flights per week from the U.S., Qantas offers more than 30 nonstop flights from Los Angeles (to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland), five from San Francisco, a daily direct service from JFK and three from Honolulu. A leader in in-flight entertainment, all Qantas mainland departures feature on demand video and audio selections for movies, TV programs, radio and games in all classes.
Qantas, one of the first airlines to operate between Australia and the United States, invented Business Class in 1979. Features for Qantas Business passengers, departing on U.S. mainland flights, include: award-winning Qantas Business service; access to the deluxe Qantas Business lounges in Sydney and Melbourne and partner lounges stateside; an enhanced Skybed sleeper seat designed by Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson, with ergonomically-enhanced cushioning; up to 1,000 entertainment options presented on the 12-inch in-arm touch screen system; cuisine options from five-course dinners to a la carte menus and Room Service breakfasts designed by leading Australian Chef Neil Perry, and a carefully-considered amenity pack, featuring a selection of comforts to enhance the flight experience.
For further information on Qantas flights and fares, please visit qantas.com or call 1 800 227 4691.
AUSTRALIA ONE WEEK WALKABOUT:
Time starved and looking for an escape from the daily grind? Going walkabout in Australia is a time to refresh and rebalance. All you need is one week in Australia.
Australia's cities -- Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are bite-sized tastes of the whole country, where the people make it easy to enjoy the limitless adventure found in this naturally beautiful land.
Even better, Australia is now an affordable getaway, with record low fares from Qantas
Get ready to switch on, not off. Come walkabout in Australia for a week with Goway travel deals starting from $1,299. It's closer than you think -- a meal, a couple of movies and a sleep. With direct flights on Qantas from LAX into Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, flying to Australia from the west coast of America is only 14 hours, largely the same as flying to Europe.
The people of Australia make it easy to enjoy adventures you may not have considered. Australia is their playground. Their generosity, freedom and inventiveness will have you exploring in no time.
For more information about any of these cities of airfare, visit www.australia.com
Australia's second-largest city, Melbourne is a vibrant centre with a bucketful of style. The city is noted for its labyrinth of laneways boasting hidden bars, eateries and designer shops, world-heritage gardens, performing arts, museums and galleries.
It's also sports-mad, being home to world-famous sporting events such as the Melbourne Cup, Australian Open Tennis and the 2011 Presidents Cup golf tournament.
Things to do:
- Hot air balloon flight over the city.
- Laneways tour (sommelier, shopping, or bar tour).
- Animal spotting day trip. See koalas and kangaroos in the nearby bush.
- Take a tram ride tour through the city.
- Wander Federation Square... a modern marvel of architecture, museums and restaurants all in one central city centre meeting spot.
- Watch a sporting match... AFL, tennis, Rugby League, Melbourne Cup... like a local.
- Yarra Valley
- Wine tasting, and learn about the workings of a winery at a cellar door
- Walk amongst Australian wildlife at Healesville Sanctuary
Philip Island/Mornington Peninsula
- Penguin Parade at Philip Island
- Visit a working Australian farm
- Wine taste in boutique wineries or ride through the vines
- Great Ocean Road Drive
- Surf lesson at Bells Beach
- Helicopter tour of the 12 Apostles ocean rock formations
- Great Ocean Walk