Taffy Apple Salad
- 1 lg. can Pineapple Chunks, drained, save juice
- 2 c. Mini Marshmallows
- ½ c. Sugar
- 1 T. Flour
- 1 ½ T. White Vinegar
- 1 (8 oz.) ctn. Cool Whip
- 2 c. chopped unpeeled Apples, green and red
- 1 Egg
- Mix pineapple and marshmallows and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix juice from pineapple, flour, sugar, vinegar and egg.
- Cook in saucepan until thick. Refrigerate sauce overnight as well.
- The next day, mix in cool whip and apples.
>> PRINT A SHOPPING LIST FOR THIS RECIPE
Triple Berry Crisp
- 2 baskets blueberries
- 2 baskets raspberries
- 2 baskets blackberries
- ½ C. sugar
- 2 T. tapioca, granulated
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter
- ½ C. light brown sugar
- 1 C. old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. plus 2 T. flour
- 1 T. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix berries, sugar and tapioca together and put into pan.
- Blend topping until it forms a crumble mixture and spread over top.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 2 Chickens cut up into parts
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) jar of Plum Jelly
- 1/3 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/3 C. Soy Sauce
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 1/3 C. Dry Sherry
- 1 Onion, sliced
- Bring Pepper, Plum Jelly, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, and Dry Sherry to a boil.
- Season Chicken with Garlic Salt.
- Put sliced onions across the bottom of a large pan (9"x13"), top with Chicken.
- Pour the boiled ingredients over the chicken and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Baste Chicken frequently.
Bean and Rice Casserole
- 1 (16 oz.) package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 large Onion
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 (15 oz.) can Black Beans
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- Chop mushrooms and onions into small pieces. Place the stick of butter in pan and sauté onions until sweating and opaque. Add mushrooms and sauté until onions are brown and mushrooms are cooked through. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package. Use chicken broth instead of water to cook the rice.
- Rinse and drain black beans. When rice is complete, add the black beans, onions, and mushrooms. Mix together and put into a dish. Let sit at room temperature.
- During the last 30 minutes that the chicken is cooking, put the rice dish in and reheat.
About Bittersweet Memories:
This book is dedicated to all of those people that have lost their parent and/or loved one. For me, food is the trick for keeping their memory alive. This is a compilation of bittersweet memories in conjunction with a specific recipe.
All of the traditional recipes that have departed with our loved ones, will now be remembered indefinitely.
For more information, visit www.bittersweet-memories.com
Mail Your Bittersweet Memory to:
P.O. Box 10936
Chicago, IL 60610