Couscous with Prawns, Peas and Wine
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 cup sparkling wine, (I use the Jansz)
- 16 large peeled uncooked prawns
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup baby arugula or torn basil leaves, loosely packed
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Toast the couscous and fennel for 1-2 minutes in a dry saucepan, shaking pan over heat. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking .
- Add 1 cup salted water or stock and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until tender, adding more wine or liquid if becomes too dry.
- Snuggle prawns into mixture when it is nearly cooked, and cook until prawns are opaque and cous cous is tender but firm. , Add peas, remove from heat, cover and allow to steam off heat for 1 minute.
- Just before serving, fold through the arugula and serve straight away with lemon wedges and some flavored or extra virgin olive oil for drizzling.
Suggested Wine: Frogmore Creek Chardonnay
For more information, visit wineroads.com