Kaffir Lime & Ginger Pacific Cod with tamarind, Marshall Farms honey essence, black quinoa, apricot and peanut salad
- 6 6oz Cleaned Fillets
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- 3 oz Tamarind Paste (soak in water to loosen pods)
- 2 oz Local Honey
- 2 oz Fresh Orange Juice + Zest
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Cinnamon Stick
- 12 Fresh Kaffir Lime Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander Leaves-NO Stems
- 1 Tsp Orange Zest
- 1 Tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tsp Fresh Chopped Mint Leaves
- 2 Cup Cooked Red Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Fine Chopped Scallion Greens
- 2 Tbsp Toasted/Chopped Peanuts (Unsalted)
- 1 Peeled & Chopped Orange Segments
- 1 oz Sweet Chili Sauce
- 8 Dried Apricots
- 2 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 x Bunch fresh watercress
- ½ fresh Lemon or lemon juice
- In a medium mixing bowl add quinoa, scallion, peanuts & orange segment.
- Place chili sauce, apricots & cider vinegar in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add dressing and mix well, adjust seasoning.
- In a sauce pot add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat, strain through a sieve to remove zest and seeds.
- Keep warm.
- Place all ingredients on a clean chopping board.
- With a sharp knife chop until semi fine
- Rinse and pat dry fillets of Cod, lightly dust with salt & pepper to taste.
- Coat flesh side with crust Heat a sauté pan over med-high heat.
- Add olive oil place in pan skin side up.
- Let sear for 2 minutes, flip on to other side. Continue to cook until the fish is firm to the touch.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest.
- Place quinoa salad in centre of each bowl, place fish on salad and drizzle sauce around fish.
- Toss water cress with lemon juice, olive oil & sea salt, place on top.
The Fairmont San Francisco
950 Mason Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (415) 772-5000