Sunset's Tips for Small Spaces:
- Look for furniture that's multifunctional. For example, storage units can also work as seating.
- For flooring, choose large planks and run them vertically from the entrance in. Cover as many adjoing rooms as possible to provide an uninterrupted flow.
- Add built-in shelves and pocket doors that slide into the wall.
- Mount flat-screen TVs on walls or over the fireplace mantel.
- Grow herbs in any outdoor space. You don't need a lot of room to have kitchen staples like fresh herbs.
July 23-August 15
Los Gatos, CA
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays, Saturday and Sundays
Tickets: $15 Adults, $5 Children 12 and under
Sunset Magazine is the West's essential how-to guide to all the best things about the region: easy backyard living and gardening, unexpected day trips and destinations, fast and fresh foods, shockingly perfect wine pairings, and innovative home decorating and design.
For more information, visit www.sunset.com