Doctor: Attacked Giants fan showing improvement

SAN FRANCISCO

Doctors at San Francisco General said Stow has been seizure-free since arriving from Los Angeles, even after removing one of his five seizure medications.

"Over the next several weeks, we will begin to taper these medications back so that we can better understand what is the true level of his brain function," said Chief of Neurosurgery Geoff Manley, MD.

So far, these medications have prevented doctors from assessing his neurological status. However, they have been necessary to help keep him from having seizures which can do even more damage to the brain. Stow is able to open his eyes. They predict his progress will occur in incremental steps.

"As the recovery starts, we hope that we continue to see more function, more directed motor function, maybe more directed eye function as to what's happening, and as those things sort of go along, we hope those continue to improve," said Manley.

Tuesday, billboards around Los Angeles posted a reward of $100,000. The Dodgers have contributed another $100,000 hoping someone will come forward regarding the attack that left Stow in critical condition. Extra police will be at hand at Dodger Stadium for Wednesday and Thursday's games.

In San Jose, his co-workers at American Medical Response are still wearing hats with his name.

"It just goes to show the community is stepping up to continue to help Bryan and his family out and find the people that did this to him," said AMR co-worker Gil Glass. "We want to make sure we're continuing to support him and his family in any way we can. I think it's a fabulous outpouring that has been going on. It's heartwarming to see."

Doctors will provide the next update on Stow's condition possibly as early as next week.

Copyright © 2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.