Toxicology report: Dog treats not linked to dog's death

Morgan Hill, Calif.

In late May, ABC7 News reported that Rachel Chamber's claimed that her dog Cali died after eating Milo's kitchen dog treats, which are made in China.

In a letter sent yesterday to the FDA, Senator Barbara Boxer wrote, "I urge you to continue dedicating the necessary resources to find the source of the contamination."

Congressman Jerry Mcnerney also wrote, "The agency should make additional efforts to inform consumers about the potential dangers of these products."

Del Monte Corporation, which owns the treats, says tests have found no connection between the treats and illness.

Copyright © 2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.