RELATED: What's next for the Ghost Ship case? The retrial scenarios and huge pending civil suit
Karen Frieholtz, aunt of Michela Gregory, said hearing the verdict was "horrible" for the families in the room.
"Painful-for my brother-in-law, for my sister-in-law, for my nephew, for every other family member that was sitting in there. It was horrible."
Gregory died along with her boyfriend Alex Vega in the warehouse fire.
RELATED: Ghost Ship Fire Verdict: Mother of victim upset after acquittal, mistrial
The jury acquitted Max Harris, 29, on all 36 counts of involuntary manslaughter, the judge declared a mistrial for 49-year-old Derick Almena. The jury foreman says they voted 10-2 in favor of conviction for Almena, but couldn't break the deadlock with multiple votes.
Take a look at the latest stories and videos about the Ghost Ship Fire trial.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Ghost Ship Trial: Max Harris acquitted, mistrial for Derick Almena due to hung jury
- Ghost Ship Trial: Defense attorneys take aim at city of Oakland
- Timeline: How the investigation into the deadly Ghost Ship fire unfolded
- Remembering the Oakland Ghost Ship Fire victims
- PHOTOS: A look inside the Oakland Ghost Ship collective warehouse
- PHOTOS: Before and after Oakland Ghost Ship fire
- Ghost Ship Trial: Friend of defendant Max Harris talks as jurors restart deliberations