John Cowell may enter a plea in an Alameda County court.
VIDEO: 'He was wiping off his knife' Sister of Nia Wilson recalls horrific attack
On Sunday, July 22, John Cowell is accused of stabbing Nia Wilson and her sister Letifah in the neck at the MacArthur BART station. Nia died. Sister Tashiya Wilson witnessed the attack. Cowell fled but thanks to a tip from another BART rider was arrested the next day at another BART station.
The family has filed a lawsuit against BART, claiming the transit system should have banned Cowell for previous threats and fare evasion.
CONTINUING COVERAGE ON DEADLY BART STABBING:
- What we know about deadly stabbing at Oakland's MacArthur BART station
- Here's how you can help the family of BART stabbing victim Nia Wilson
- 'Remember Her': A tribute to Nia Wilson
- 'He was wiping off his knife': BART stabbing victim recalls horrific attack that killed sister
- Chilling dispatch call describes terrifying fatal MacArthur BART stabbing
- Heartbroken father demands justice after daughter stabbed at BART station
- Anne Hathaway shares powerful post about Nia Wilson
- Artists nationwide remember BART stabbing victim Nia Wilson in their art
- Celebrities share grief, sorrow for BART stabbing victim Nia Wilson
- 'Stand down': BART stabbing victim's godfather makes plea to black community
- TIPS: How to stay safe on BART
- Bart releases info on pair of homicides