The fires were extinguished, but it was a scary scene for drivers as flames burned for two hours between Meridian Avenue and Race Street.
No structures were threatened, but a car was destroyed.
RELATED: Summer 2021: Tips to stay safe during the hot summer months
The Race Street off-ramp from northbound 280 is currently closed.
Traffic is impacted in the area.
The cause is under investigation, and the fire department is looking into how all these spot fires may be related.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- The deadliest wildfires in California history
- Live: Track Bay Area air quality levels
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
- What you need to know about Santa Ana winds and California wildfires
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to pick a mask for protection during a wildfire
- Red flag warning: What to do during dangerous fire conditions
- Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
- What happens to animals during wildfires?
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- How wildfires create a serious threat for flooding and mudflows
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires