"There are jobs available," Joe Madigan, Nelson's CEO said. "You shouldn't feel like there isn't. If you've heard from somebody else that there isn't a job available, call Nelson and we'll find you a job."
Nelson currently has hundreds of roles in its database that are waiting to be filled.
"If we just look towards the end of the year and the retail space coming up, you know production and those companies that are dealing with holidays coming up, that's really going to be driving Q4," Madigan said. "But again, accounting and finance jobs, as well as legal jobs, are on the rise as well. Technology has been kind of flat, for the most part. But, I have seen our job placement uptick in the last 60 days."
Madigan's advice to people looking for work may feel obvious and simple, but it's to "be prepared."
"This pandemic has caused a lot of pain for a lot of people and we as leaders need to be empathetic to that," Madigan continued.
If you are interested in receiving employment help from Nelson, click here.
THURSDAY'S FEATURED JOB:
Job: Technical Accounting Manager
Description: Play a key role in revenue recognition determination, drafting related technical memos, operational accounting, and continuous process improvement for a growing healthcare company, 100% work from home option,
Qualifications: 4-6 years accounting experience, bachelor's degree, etc.
Nelson keeps their clients private, but you'll learn additional details once you apply for the position.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic