KELSEYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews battling the wildfires across Northern California are bracing for hot and windy weather this weekend.
New mandatory evacuation orders were issued Fiday for residents living near the Mendocino Complex Fires. The Lake County Sheriff's Office has issued a new mandatory evacuation order for Lucerne, Glenhaven and Clearlake Oaks.
People in the area have been advised to leave immediately. Parts of Potter Valley and the Cow Mountain Recreation area are included in the mandatory evacuation orders.
Students in Lakeport were supposed to go back to school next week, but administrators have delayed the start for two weeks.
The fires expanded overnight, with the Ranch Fire scorching at least 156,678 acres. So far, it is 27 percent contained. To the south, the River Fire grew to 44,793 acres and is 50 percent contained.
Officials say firefighters hope to have them both contained in a 1.5 weeks.
A Red Flag Warning is in effect in Lake County from 11 a.m. Friday until 11 p.m. Saturday due to gusty winds and low humidity in fire weather zones.
KRCR, a local Redding station, is holding a fundraiser for Carr Fire survivors and victims. Visit this page for more information.
RELATED WILDFIRE STORIES & VIDEOS:
- MAPS: Wildfires burning across California
- The latest evacuation orders for Shasta County's Carr Fire, Mendocino County's Complex Fire
- PHOTOS: Massive Carr Fire tears through Shasta County
- How to help Carr Fire victims in Redding and Shasta County, California
- Photos from the wildfires across California
- VIDEO: What it's like to fly over the Carr Fire in a Calif. National Guard plane
- VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
- VIDEO: Firefighters get brief rest in neighbor's yard during 'apocalyptic' Carr Fire in Shasta County
- VIDEO: New look at destruction from Carr Fire in Redding
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- PG&E may cut electricity during high fire danger, are you prepared?
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires
- Wildfire masks: How to best protect yourself from smoke during a fire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- How to sign up for emergency alerts where you live
- Surviving a long-term power outage
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- DIY: How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster