SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Thousands of people will gather along the Embarcadero this New Year's Eve to watch the fireworks.
According to a joint special event threat assessment report obtained by ABC7 News, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security have no information to indicate a specific, credible threat.
Still, law enforcement officials have plans in place to ensure everyone's safety. That includes stepped up patrols.
"It's all hands on deck, people's discretionary time off has been canceled," said Officer Robert Rueca, Public Information Officer for
RELATED: These are the best places to ring in 2018
The San Francisco Emergency Operations Center will be bustling with local, state and federal partners.
"What we're going to do here is support first responders coordinate city resources and push out public information as necessary so we're all talking to each other and keeping an eye on the city," said Francis Zamora, Public Information Officer for the Department of Emergency Management.
The Department of Emergency Management has set up a dedicated text alert line for New Year's Eve.
RELATED: Bay Area New Year's Eve Fireworks and Events 2017-2018
By texting NYESF17 to 888 777 you'll be enrolled to receive any critical safety information relating to New Year's Eve in San
This past Friday, the FBI announced the arrest of Everitt Jameson who they say was planning a terror attack on San Francisco's Pier 39
A location he said he chose because he had been there before and knew it was a heavily crowded area.
"Currently there is no credible threat to san francisco but we want people to remain vigilant," said Zamora.
As always if you see something, say something. Officials are also encouraging party goers to have a meet up plan in case they get separated from friends or family.
Click here for more stories, videos and pictures on New Year's Eve.
Stepped up patrols for San Francisco's Embarcadero on New Year's Eve
NEW YEAR'S EVE
More TOP STORIES News