ABC7 spoke to the patient on the phone who did not want be identified. She has pre-existing conditions and worried about getting exposed. She says she has repeatedly been denied masks and testing.
We asked Parkview for a response and they declined an interview. However, they provided this statement:
RELATED: I-TEAM: 'I'm in fear for my life,' says Bay Area nursing home patient who's concerned about re-exposure to COVID-19
"We can confirm that an employee has tested positive, and we have received word of a second employee testing positive. Obviously neither of these employees are at the building. We are continuing to trace the contacts of these staff members in our facility while moving some residents as needed for additional observation and monitoring. And the Administrator did ask for testing assistance from the local Fire Department. Our centre has implemented federal and state guidelines regarding COVID-19 for the protection of our residence and employees."
A friend of the patient agreed to speak to ABC7. Deana Muriset says her friend called her in the middle of the night, worried about the facility's conditions.
"She is concerned about getting and catching this, and not being tested, and have them not catch it in time," Muriset said. "They want to be tested. They want to have the coronavirus test. They want to have the test done. They also want masks. They won't even give them masks," she said.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US,around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of livingin the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19