According to the USGS, the quake was reported about 3 miles west of Cupertino.
No serious damage was reported.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From the Archives: ABC7's Peabody Award winning coverage of 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake
- MAP: Significant San Francisco Bay Area fault lines and strong earthquakes
- PHOTOS: The Loma Prieta Earthquake
- What to pack in your earthquake emergency kit
- Most powerful earthquakes in California history above 7.0 magnitude
- Prepare NorCal: Disaster Preparedness Resources
- Pet preparedness: How to keep your furry babies safe during a disaster or emergency
- Earthquake scale: How they are measured and what the magnitude and intensity scales mean
- What is an earthquake? This is what happens when the ground starts to shake