RELATED: Everything you need to know about the San Francisco Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
"No cops anywhere. So scary," said Scott Dobroski. "So many people... 5:30 pm PT."
New video shows dozens gathering at Dolores Park Monday despite shelter-in-place orders to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Temperatures in the 70s in San Francisco Tuesday could draw even more people outdoors.
RELATED: Coronavirus impact: Citations for violating social distancing orders set to increase in San Francisco, official says
California and San Francisco issued shelter-in-place orders last month, allowing people to go outside to exercise, as long as they maintain 6 feet of social distance.
In a tweet, over the weekend, San Francisco police said its cadets are "reminding community members of park closures and social distancing guidelines! Remember, stay home and save lives!"
Nearly 40 million Californians are required to stay home and limit social interaction, except for essential activities, until further notice, thanks to an order announced March 19, by Gov. Gavin Newsom.
We are out this afternoon with @SFPDALERT_ and our #SFPD cadets reminding community members of park closures and social distancing guidelines!— San Francisco Police (@SFPD) April 12, 2020
Remember, stay home and save lives! Visit https://t.co/OfkeUXkQ74 for the latest #SF public health updates. pic.twitter.com/dTCWVpLXdF
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19