Veronika Javor Romeis, of Veronika's Blushing Blog shows us how you can make use of items you already have on hand.
- Use candy canes and a hot glue gun to make place cards.
- Need last-minute table decor? Fill a glass vase with extra Christmas ornaments to create a festive centerpiece for your dinner table
- Running out of stove-top space? Consider utilizing your crockpot! Slow-cookers can be used to make many Christmas favorites - mashed potatoes, hot chocolate, dessert.
- Add a festive touch to just about anything with pulverized candy canes! Just use a plastic zip-top bag and a rolling pin to crush the candy. Create a candy rim for your cocktail glass, add it to Christmas cookies, or garnish your dessert plates with the crumbled candy canes.
- Need to keep the kids busy before they open presents? Try this trick! Create Snow Slime! Use this recipe: combine 2 cups of white school glue (like Elmer's), 1 1/2 cups of very warm water, and glitter in a small bowl. In a second bowl, combine 3/4 tsp of borax with 1 1/3 cups of very warm water. Then combine the contents of both bowls. Mix ingredients with your hands until the "snow slime" forms.