Surveillance video from late Wednesday night shows a man drive up to one of the entrances to the restaurant, get out of the car, ignite a blowtorch an prop it against a door.
RELATED: 700 whistles donated to help protect Asian seniors stolen in SF
The man then leaves and comes back 20 minutes later, and ultimately takes it away.
A family member spoke with ABC7 News anchor Dion Lim, and says the family doesn't want to reveal the name of the business, especially after it was broken into four times in the past year.
RELATED: Rallies held across the Bay Area to stop AAPI violence
The woman said in an Instagram post that she was, "Livid, irritated, heartbroken, terrified and so many other negative emotions," and said it had been an emotional time for the family.
The family says they've owned the restaurant for more than 20 years and while they can't say for certain if this was a hate-motivated incident, they believe with the recent uptick in reporting on attacks against Asians, it could very well be.
No major damage was done to the restaurant and the man did not appear to break in. The family plans to file a police report in-person on Monday.
VIDEO: Asian-owned SF bakery burglarized twice in same day
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Bay Area Asian Americans share powerful, painful memories of hate
- 83-year-old Asian man describes debilitating SF attack, warns people 'to be careful'
- 'Go back to China': Racist rant suspect ID'd as daughter of late NY senator
- Asian American victim considers moving out of state after brutal attack in SF
- EXCLUSIVE: 75-year-old Asian man warned about increase in attacks days before murder in Oakland
- Daniel Dae Kim, members of Congress to testify on discrimination, violence against Asian Americans
- Asian grandma knocked unconscious in unprovoked attack in NY
- Family outraged over SF DA's description of 84-year-old Asian man's suspected killer
- Nearly 3,800 anti-Asian hate incidents reported across US since March 2020, group says
- 'This is horrific': SFPD to step up patrols amid string of violent attacks on Asian Americans
- Daniel Wu, W. Kamau Bell discuss shocking crimes against Asian Americans
- Santa Cruz Warriors guard Jeremy Lin comments on racial slur directed at him
- #StandForAsians rally draws hundreds in San Mateo with 7th grader leading the charge
- Actors Daniel Dae Kim, Daniel Wu discuss violent crimes against Asian Americans in Bay Area
- Police investigating after Asian man stabbed in back in NYC's Chinatown
- Burma Superstar offers $5,000 reward as ABC7 receives reports of additional attacks on Asian Americans
- EXCLUSIVE: Former Bay Area gang member arrested after threatening to kill Asians online
- 'We're on alert': Volunteers arm Oakland Chinatown business owners with air horns for safety
- Arrest in NYC assault on Chinese woman after Olivia Munn called for public's help
- Hundreds of people are volunteering to escort elderly Asian Americans to help keep them safe
- Surge in racism against Asian Americans spurs calls for change
- Oakland police chief visits Chinatown shops, emphasizes need for 'greater presence' after attacks, crime