KGO-TV/ABC7 News, the ABC Owned and Operated Television station in San Francisco, has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer to join our ABC7 News team.
We are seeking an innovative leader with superior news judgment to drive the gathering, creation and distribution of engaging, compelling content. The EP manages content for digital and linear in conjunction with other news managers. The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of multi-platform strategy, a track record of breaking news success stories and thrive in a very competitive environment. This person will excel by executing big-picture goals while focusing on the details with daily content coverage. We are looking for a proven leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills. The EP will inspire the news team to produce enterprise content for liner, digital and social with storytelling that is optimized for each screen.
- Complete oversight for the newscasts and all content across our multiple platforms, including story selection, production and newsroom management
- Design and implement strategies to engage and build audiences across platforms, including working with audience development to ensure the Building a Better Bay Area brand promise is met
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great content
- Inspire producers and writers to use creative production techniques and new forms of media to enhance content across platforms
- Supervise newscast and digital producers and writers and provide consistent feedback by setting goals and tracking progress
- Contribute strategic content ideas in editorial meetings and overseeing editorial decisions while ensuring content is consistent and appropriate
- Collaborate with Assignment Editors and Digital Producers on multi-platform breaking news coverage
- Copy edit linear and digital scripts
- Foster a positive work-place attitude and encourage a collaborative spirit
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in local television news production
- Must have superior news judgment
- Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
- Minimum of 5 years of previous management experience in a top 20 market preferred
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field, or equivalent experience
TO APPLY: Please log onto www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID# 928137BR (Executive Producer), create a candidate profile, and upload your resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
ABC7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.