That's why we spoke to an expert to answer your questions about applying for claims, $300 stimulus funds, fraud and much more.
Watch the video above for answers from Michele Evermore, an expert with the National Employment Law Project.
Want to watch this interview on the big screen? Search "ABC7 Bay Area" on your streaming device and download our free app - learn more here.
WATCH: Expert answers your questions on unemployment benefits, EDD (Pt. 1)
WATCH: Why is it so difficult to get help with CA unemployment benefits?
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- EDD shuts down 350,000 accounts for suspected fraud, but legitimate workers still left with no money
- Unemployment claims paused for 2 weeks as report reveals 600K awaiting benefits in EDD backlog
- Coronavirus employment recovery will not be equal across Bay Area, new report predicts
- $2.5 million in EDD fraud leads to arrest of 44 suspects in Beverly Hills, police say
- CA begins sending extra $300 per week in unemployment benefits, but many will not receive the supplemental aid
- California lawmakers to conduct emergency audit of EDD
- California woman's stolen information used to collect thousands in unemployment benefits
- Proposed $300 unemployment benefit 'inadequate,' Newsom says CA working on solutions
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- California woman shares hack for getting through EDD's overloaded unemployment helpline
- Florida man erroneously receives 12 letters from the California EDD
- California state senators request Newsom create 24-hour helpline for EDD
- Governor Gavin Newsom unveils new task force to tackle EDD backlog
- Out-of-work Californians finally receive benefits, only to be mysteriously cut off
- Unemployed workers share how they got through EDD system to finally receive benefits
- FAQ with EDD: From getting through on the phone to $600 payments, 7 On Your Side gets your questions answered