This year's menu includes bugs, and even real blood.
Anu Lee and Arisa Horigomi joined ABC7 News anchors Larry Beil and Kristen Sze for a taste test.
Featured flavors include:
- Black Cat Licorice and Lavende (Pitch-dark anise and fennel caramel swirled with luminous salted lavender)
- The Great Candycopia (Snickers, Whoppers, Heath bars, and Peanut Butter Cups)
- Mummy's Pumpkin Spiced Potion (Pumpkin, caramel, blackberry, vanilla, and August Uncommon Tea)
- Dracula's Blood Pudding (a "decent amount of pig's blood" gives the treat its richness and a hint of minerality)
- Creepy Crawly Critters (Crickets and Mealworms)
For a full list of ingredients, you can head to Salt & Straw's website.
These spooky offerings are only available through Oct. 31 at the Pacific Heights Salt & Straw.