RELATED: Napa County fire near Lake Berryessa prompts mandatory evacuations
The fires, known as the River and Ranch fires in Lake and Mendocino counties -- or the Mendocino Complex Fire -- as well as the Steele fire in Napa County, threatened and burned buildings on Saturday and prompted mandatory evacuations.
RELATED: Complex Fire prompts mandatory evacuations in Mendocino, Lake counties
Earlier on Saturday, Gov. Brown announced the state secured a presidential declaration offering direct federal assistance to further support the communities impacted by the Carr Fire in Northern California, following an emergency proclamation issued for Shasta County this week.
The Governor has also ordered state flags to be flown at half-staff in honor of two firefighters who died while working on the Carr Fire, and issued emergency proclamations for Riverside and Mariposa counties this week due to fires.
RELATED: Children, great grandmother missing in Carr Fire found dead
The Carr Fire's death toll rose to five on Saturday, and includes two firefighters as well as three residents -- a great-grandmother and two children -- who have been confirmed dead.
Get the latest on the Carr Fire here, the Complex Fire here and the latest on wildfires across California here.
RELATED WILDFIRE STORIES & VIDEOS:
- MAPS: Wildfires burning across California
- The latest evacuation orders for Shasta County's Carr Fire, Mendocino County's Complex Fire
- PHOTOS: Massive Carr Fire tears through Shasta County
- How to help Carr Fire victims in Redding and Shasta County, California
- Photos from the wildfires across California
- VIDEO: What it's like to fly over the Carr Fire in a Calif. National Guard plane
- VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
- VIDEO: Firefighters get brief rest in neighbor's yard during 'apocalyptic' Carr Fire in Shasta County
- VIDEO: New look at destruction from Carr Fire in Redding
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- PG&E may cut electricity during high fire danger, are you prepared?
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires
- Wildfire masks: How to best protect yourself from smoke during a fire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- How to sign up for emergency alerts where you live
- Surviving a long-term power outage
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- DIY: How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster